Terms & Conditions of Hire form
The hirer agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- The hirer agrees to complete and return the Venue Hire Contract with deposit. Payment is due in advance upon which the booking will be secured.
- The deposit will be deducted from the final invoice when the booking contract is finished.
- The hirer agrees to leave the premises (which includes the room/s hired, the toilets, and common areas) clean and free of litter and refuse. Ark T reserves the right to charge if any extra cleaning is required.
- Any loss or damage to fixtures, fittings, or property must be reported to Ark T staff as soon as reasonably possible. The hirer agrees to compensate Ark T in respect of any such loss or damage.
- The Ark T commits to informing the hirer of any charges that will be deducted from this deposit, which may include, but is not restricted to, cost of damage, cleaning costs, or loss of equipment.
- Hirers are not permitted to stick anything on the walls. Use of materials such as paint, glitter, glue etc should only be used with prior agreement, and with adequate protection for the fabric, floors and fixtures in the centre. Smoke/Dry Ice machines are not permitted.
- The hirer is responsible for the layout of furniture and equipment in the premises. Please be aware that the Ark T has no storage available at the centre, you are asked to remove any items that you use during the booking.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Ark T Centre, or outside at the back or front of the building.
- Ark T will allow bookings between the hours of 7am and 10.30pm. For a booking that finishes at 10.30pm, a maximum of 30 minutes (until 11pm) is allowed for users to clear up and leave.
- At other times, hirers will be expected to allow enough time within their booking for setting up and clearing up.
- On a day-to-day basis, the Ark T Co-ordinator will ensure that groups comply with these requirements
The Ark T is located in a residential area and is very close to neighbours. The Ark T is firmly committed to maintaining good relations with neighbours.
- Hirers agree to be considerate of the residents of Beauchamp Lane and Crowell Road and in the neighbourhood of The Ark T Centre and avoid making excessive noise. The external doors and windows must be closed at the end of your booking.
- The hirers must not allow noise or disturbance outside the building, both during and after a booking, this includes slamming car doors, shouting goodbye, etc.
- The hirer must not exceed the hours of public entertainment which, for the purposes of this agreement, are 7am-10.30pm.
- Noise emanating from the community rooms shall not exceed 40dB(A) as measured at 1 metre from any external facade of any habitable dwelling.
- The hirers must not play or use at the premises any instrument or apparatus or equipment or in any other way make a noise that contravenes local authority regulations. Noise complaints will result in action, which includes the likelihood that the activity and the booking will be curtailed with immediate effect.
Health and Safety
- The hirer agrees to be bound by the Health and Safety Policy for the Ark T. A copy of this policy is on our website and is also available from the office on request. Bookings that conflict with the policy will not be accepted.
- The Ark T aims to provide a safe and healthy environment for hire. If users identify any health and safety issues they must notify the Ark T as soon as reasonably possible.
- The hirer is solely responsible for the well-being and safety of users and occupiers of the premises hired out under the terms of this agreement.
- The hirer must ensure that all guests are aware of the terms and conditions relating to the use of The Ark T Centre.
- The hirer undertakes to make certain that no more than the following will be in each room:
|Max number of people standing|
- No consumption of alcohol is allowed in The Ark T. The Ark T Centre is not licenced for the sale of alcohol.
- Hirers must ensure that electrical equipment is PAT tested prior to use.
- All organisation bookings including charities, associations, and community groups are required to have valid public liability insurance. The Ark T reserves the right to request certificates of insurance.
- If the hirer is found to be in breach of the terms of these conditions, the Ark T reserves the right to terminate the use of the room hired forthwith.
- Where the Hirer wishes to use the Premises for a purpose that involves a regulated activity as described by the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Groups Act 2006, the Ark T will require the Hirer to provide evidence that the necessary DBS or any other appropriate checks have been carried out on all persons. The Ark T reserves that right to review child protection policies and procedures and to impose any additional requirement they consider appropriate in connection with the hiring. If, for any reason, the Ark T is not satisfied, they reserve the right to cancel any hiring and there shall be no liability to the Hirer other than to refund any of the total amount due (including any deposit paid).
Equality and Diversity
- The Ark T Centre will not discriminate against any organisation or individual. Equalities legislation says that discrimination is illegal on any of the following grounds: race, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, pregnancy, marriage or civil partnership, and age. Bookings that conflict with this policy will not be accepted.
- The hirer has the right to cancel this agreement by giving at least 1 months’ notice to Ark T and will receive a full refund of any monies paid.
- In the event that the Ark T is unable to provide the room booked under this agreement, we reserve the right to offer an alternative booking, or cancel and refund any money paid. The hirer acknowledges that the Ark T will not be responsible for any losses, financial or otherwise.
- By agreeing, the contact name, stated on the booking request form, is the person responsible for the indemnity provided above, both in his/her personal capacity and on behalf of the organisation he/she represents.